Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Salem man arrested for domestic assault with caulking gun
Thomas Dye, who was out on bail for a prior domestic assault in August, faces two counts of simple assault and one of resisting arrest for the incident.
Shortly before 2 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to Bailey Road for a domestic disturbance call, according to Deputy Chief Shawn Patten, where they found a 56-year-old woman who had been struck on the top of her head with a caulking gun and needed medical treatment.
When police arrived, Patten said Dye had locked himself inside the home and refused to leave.
"He screamed at the officers that they would have to kill him," said Patten. "One of the officers was able to look into the kitchen window and saw the suspect bleeding profusely from both wrists. (Dye) was bleeding so badly the officers decided they had to enter the residence or he may bleed out."
Once inside, Patten said officers had to taser Dye twice, but that Dye continued to violently struggle until several officers were able to get him into custody on the kitchen floor.
"Due to all the blood, it was extremely difficult to get him into custody," said Patten. "The suspect continued to struggle even after being cuffed and put on a stretcher. The suspect was extremely intoxicated and his wrist wounds required numerous staples to close."
Dye is being held at Rock County jail pending arraignment.
Patten said several police officers were treated for significant blood exposure and that numerous clothing articles and equipment were ruined as a result of the bloody encounter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus