Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Salem man arrested for domestic assault with caulking gun
Thomas Dye, who was out on bail for a prior domestic assault in August, faces two counts of simple assault and one of resisting arrest for the incident.
Shortly before 2 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to Bailey Road for a domestic disturbance call, according to Deputy Chief Shawn Patten, where they found a 56-year-old woman who had been struck on the top of her head with a caulking gun and needed medical treatment.
When police arrived, Patten said Dye had locked himself inside the home and refused to leave.
"He screamed at the officers that they would have to kill him," said Patten. "One of the officers was able to look into the kitchen window and saw the suspect bleeding profusely from both wrists. (Dye) was bleeding so badly the officers decided they had to enter the residence or he may bleed out."
Once inside, Patten said officers had to taser Dye twice, but that Dye continued to violently struggle until several officers were able to get him into custody on the kitchen floor.
"Due to all the blood, it was extremely difficult to get him into custody," said Patten. "The suspect continued to struggle even after being cuffed and put on a stretcher. The suspect was extremely intoxicated and his wrist wounds required numerous staples to close."
Dye is being held at Rock County jail pending arraignment.
Patten said several police officers were treated for significant blood exposure and that numerous clothing articles and equipment were ruined as a result of the bloody encounter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917