Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Salem man arrested for domestic assault with caulking gun
Thomas Dye, who was out on bail for a prior domestic assault in August, faces two counts of simple assault and one of resisting arrest for the incident.
Shortly before 2 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to Bailey Road for a domestic disturbance call, according to Deputy Chief Shawn Patten, where they found a 56-year-old woman who had been struck on the top of her head with a caulking gun and needed medical treatment.
When police arrived, Patten said Dye had locked himself inside the home and refused to leave.
"He screamed at the officers that they would have to kill him," said Patten. "One of the officers was able to look into the kitchen window and saw the suspect bleeding profusely from both wrists. (Dye) was bleeding so badly the officers decided they had to enter the residence or he may bleed out."
Once inside, Patten said officers had to taser Dye twice, but that Dye continued to violently struggle until several officers were able to get him into custody on the kitchen floor.
"Due to all the blood, it was extremely difficult to get him into custody," said Patten. "The suspect continued to struggle even after being cuffed and put on a stretcher. The suspect was extremely intoxicated and his wrist wounds required numerous staples to close."
Dye is being held at Rock County jail pending arraignment.
Patten said several police officers were treated for significant blood exposure and that numerous clothing articles and equipment were ruined as a result of the bloody encounter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
The U.S. is a beacon still
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
- Total Votes: 917