Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Salem man arrested for domestic assault with caulking gun
Thomas Dye, who was out on bail for a prior domestic assault in August, faces two counts of simple assault and one of resisting arrest for the incident.
Shortly before 2 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to Bailey Road for a domestic disturbance call, according to Deputy Chief Shawn Patten, where they found a 56-year-old woman who had been struck on the top of her head with a caulking gun and needed medical treatment.
When police arrived, Patten said Dye had locked himself inside the home and refused to leave.
"He screamed at the officers that they would have to kill him," said Patten. "One of the officers was able to look into the kitchen window and saw the suspect bleeding profusely from both wrists. (Dye) was bleeding so badly the officers decided they had to enter the residence or he may bleed out."
Once inside, Patten said officers had to taser Dye twice, but that Dye continued to violently struggle until several officers were able to get him into custody on the kitchen floor.
"Due to all the blood, it was extremely difficult to get him into custody," said Patten. "The suspect continued to struggle even after being cuffed and put on a stretcher. The suspect was extremely intoxicated and his wrist wounds required numerous staples to close."
Dye is being held at Rock County jail pending arraignment.
Patten said several police officers were treated for significant blood exposure and that numerous clothing articles and equipment were ruined as a result of the bloody encounter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting - 0
- Litchfield man found stabbed - 0
- Driver charged with biting state trooper on I-93 - 5
- Autopsy shows Rochester man shot by officers 3 times - 2
- Nashua man sentenced for robbing bank - 0
- 14 people arrested in Nashua drug sweep - 1
- Nashua mother pleads guilty to manslaughter death of son - 3
- Childcare employee has license revoked after arriving to work intoxicated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
- Total Votes: 917