Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Methuen man sought for attempted murder, kidnapping
Multiple arrest warrants have been issued for Walton F. Valentin for attempted second-degree murder, second-degree assault, kidnapping with injury, criminal threatening, violation of a protective order, and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
Police warn Valentin may be armed and should be considered dangerous. In addition to the latest charges, there are numerous active warrants out of Massachusetts.
Shortly after 7 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance with a man armed with a gun at Park View Inn, according to Salem Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten.
Valentin fled before police arrived by allegedly stealing the victim's mini-van, according to Patten. Police found a woman suffering from a number of severe head injuries at the inn.
"The victim stated that the incident started in Lawrence when the male suspect jumped into her car and held a gun to her stomach," said Patten. Valentin allegedly threatened to kill the woman's family in the Dominican Republic.
Valentin allegedly choked the woman and hit her over the head repeatedly with the gun and she lost consciousness. When she came around, she called police. She was taken by ambulance to Parkland Medical Center for her injuries.
The stolen van was later recovered in Andover, Mass., according to Patten, who said his department is working closely with police in Lawrence, Mass., and Methuen to find Valentin.
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Total Votes: 917