Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Methuen man sought for attempted murder, kidnapping
Multiple arrest warrants have been issued for Walton F. Valentin for attempted second-degree murder, second-degree assault, kidnapping with injury, criminal threatening, violation of a protective order, and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
Police warn Valentin may be armed and should be considered dangerous. In addition to the latest charges, there are numerous active warrants out of Massachusetts.
Shortly after 7 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance with a man armed with a gun at Park View Inn, according to Salem Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten.
Valentin fled before police arrived by allegedly stealing the victim's mini-van, according to Patten. Police found a woman suffering from a number of severe head injuries at the inn.
"The victim stated that the incident started in Lawrence when the male suspect jumped into her car and held a gun to her stomach," said Patten. Valentin allegedly threatened to kill the woman's family in the Dominican Republic.
Valentin allegedly choked the woman and hit her over the head repeatedly with the gun and she lost consciousness. When she came around, she called police. She was taken by ambulance to Parkland Medical Center for her injuries.
The stolen van was later recovered in Andover, Mass., according to Patten, who said his department is working closely with police in Lawrence, Mass., and Methuen to find Valentin.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal