Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Methuen man sought for attempted murder, kidnapping
Multiple arrest warrants have been issued for Walton F. Valentin for attempted second-degree murder, second-degree assault, kidnapping with injury, criminal threatening, violation of a protective order, and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
Police warn Valentin may be armed and should be considered dangerous. In addition to the latest charges, there are numerous active warrants out of Massachusetts.
Shortly after 7 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance with a man armed with a gun at Park View Inn, according to Salem Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten.
Valentin fled before police arrived by allegedly stealing the victim's mini-van, according to Patten. Police found a woman suffering from a number of severe head injuries at the inn.
"The victim stated that the incident started in Lawrence when the male suspect jumped into her car and held a gun to her stomach," said Patten. Valentin allegedly threatened to kill the woman's family in the Dominican Republic.
Valentin allegedly choked the woman and hit her over the head repeatedly with the gun and she lost consciousness. When she came around, she called police. She was taken by ambulance to Parkland Medical Center for her injuries.
The stolen van was later recovered in Andover, Mass., according to Patten, who said his department is working closely with police in Lawrence, Mass., and Methuen to find Valentin.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Jacob Brown - 0
- 2 dead, 17 injured in NYC building explosion - 1
- Milan voters support Kenney in tight race, elect two new selectmen - 0
- Auburn police contract approved - 0
- Newton selectmen chairman defeated in election - 0
- Candia to look at alternatives to Central High School - 0
- Goffstown rejects $4.5M fire station plan - 0
- Bedford votes down fire substation; $30M for roads approved - 0
NH oil dealer who failed to deliver convicted in Montana of millions in construction fraud
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal