Home » News » Roads and Travel
Expect delays: Road work on Interstate 93, Route 28 scheduled for this week
On Tuesday and Wednesday, several planned traffic lane adjustments on both I-93 northbound and Route 28 will be in effect along the Exit 4 area, according to Bill Boynton, spokesman for the state Department of Transportation.
On Tuesday all lanes of Route 28 will be shifted onto the newly-constructed final roadway configuration if the weather cooperates, Boynton said.
Both northbound and southbound traffic along that section of Route 28 can expect intermittent stops by flaggers and uniformed officers during that time period, according to Matthew Lampron of the DOT construction bureau.
Lampron said that section of highway would be re-striped between the hours of 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Project officials said the state police would be conducting rolling roadblocks during the day Wednesday to aid in the transition.
Severino Trucking. Co., Inc. of Candia, is the general contractor for the $37 million project, which is scheduled for completion in June 2014. firstname.lastname@example.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another busy summer seen for I-93 construction - 2
- More in Keene paying for parking by cellphone - 0
- Feds to earmark $2M for bridge and road repairs in White Mountain National Forest - 0
- I-93 expansion moves forward in Windham as funding concerns are rising - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 11
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax