Home » Opinion » Editorials
My Son: By Ada Tyrrell
That I laid by in lavender so sweet,
And here his tiny shoe and sock
I made with loving care for his dear feet.
I fold the frock across my breast,
And in imagination, ah, my sweet,
And once again I warm those little feet.
Where do those strong young feet now stand?
In flooded trench, half numb to cold or pain,
Or marching through the desert sand
God guide him and his men to-day!
Though death may lurk in any tree or hill,
His brave young spirit is their stay,
Trusting in that they'll follow where he will.
They love him for his tender heart
When poverty or sorrow asks his aid,
But he must see each do his part—
Of cowardice alone he is afraid.
I ask no honours on the field,
That other men have won as brave as he—
My son, and bring him safely back to me!
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Creating a place of honor for servicemen lost of sea - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Help sought to place cemetery wreaths - 0
- Mason man pens book on veterans - 0
- Non-profit receives grant to get veterans on the move - 0
- Housing vouchers are available for veterans - 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize veteran - 0
- Students, veterans will be recognized for making state tree decorations - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Sweeney Post events - 0
- Commentary- Mary Tamposi: Let's bring an end to homelessness among veterans - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads