Manchester School Board to hear Innovation Zone update Tuesday night
The meeting gets underway at 7 p.m. in the office of Dyn Inc., 150 Dow St. Dyn is an internet infrastructure company.
The city-based standards were proposed by Superintendent Debra Livingston following months of at-times contentious debate over the national standards. Under her proposal, the Common Core State Standards would serve as the "floor" for the development of the city's standards, which are being drafted over the course of the school year using several sources, including Common Core.
Starting this school year, teachers are using some Common Core standards in a pilot program for students in kindergarten through grade eight.
Manchester's seven priority schools are: Beech Street School, Gossler Park School, McDonough School, Middle School At Parkside, Parker-Varney School, Southside Middle School and Wilson School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Credit union donates to Honor Flight - 0
- Veterans Briefs: Post 2 events - 0
- Pinkerton freshmen say thanks in cards to veterans - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Weare American Legion plans annual turkey raffle - 0
- Author says Dover's Veterans Day ceremony inspired her book - 0
- Veteran challenges today's youths to greatness - 0
- Whitefield marks Veterans Day by giving thanks for tank - 0
- Grateful for their service, Nashua salutes its veterans - 0
- Fallen Marine, family honored at Peterborough Veterans Day ceremony - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
- Do you agree or disagree with the decision of a Missouri grand jury to not indict a police officer in the fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager?
- Total Votes: 1371