Manchester School Board to hear Innovation Zone update Tuesday night
The meeting gets underway at 7 p.m. in the office of Dyn Inc., 150 Dow St. Dyn is an internet infrastructure company.
The city-based standards were proposed by Superintendent Debra Livingston following months of at-times contentious debate over the national standards. Under her proposal, the Common Core State Standards would serve as the "floor" for the development of the city's standards, which are being drafted over the course of the school year using several sources, including Common Core.
Starting this school year, teachers are using some Common Core standards in a pilot program for students in kindergarten through grade eight.
Manchester's seven priority schools are: Beech Street School, Gossler Park School, McDonough School, Middle School At Parkside, Parker-Varney School, Southside Middle School and Wilson School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- At FIRST, it's all about learning and helping each other - 0
- Pinkerton Academy tops Hanover High in 'Granite State Challenge' - 0
- Manchester Central High’s John Rist, back in charge, wipes slate clean for some - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus