Manchester School Board to hear Innovation Zone update Tuesday night
The meeting gets underway at 7 p.m. in the office of Dyn Inc., 150 Dow St. Dyn is an internet infrastructure company.
The city-based standards were proposed by Superintendent Debra Livingston following months of at-times contentious debate over the national standards. Under her proposal, the Common Core State Standards would serve as the "floor" for the development of the city's standards, which are being drafted over the course of the school year using several sources, including Common Core.
Starting this school year, teachers are using some Common Core standards in a pilot program for students in kindergarten through grade eight.
Manchester's seven priority schools are: Beech Street School, Gossler Park School, McDonough School, Middle School At Parkside, Parker-Varney School, Southside Middle School and Wilson School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 1
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
NH asks feds for waiver on Medicaid
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH
- In the 1970’s there were a couple hundred SWAT raids annually in the U.S., that number now tops 50,000. To what do you attribute the spike?
- More violent crime
- Erosion of civil liberties
- Overtime pay
- Police safety
- War on Drugs
- Total Votes: 181