Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Kensington pair charged in sex assault
KENSINGTON — A man and woman from Kensington are facing charges after an alleged sexual assault last weekend.
Matthew Biggar, 29, and Ranika Wilcox, 21, both of 229 N. Haverhill Road, were arrested Monday in Seabrook after an investigation that began Sunday when police received a report of a sexual assault.
Kensington police Sgt. Scott Sanders described the victim as an adult who was an “invited guest.” He declined to say where the alleged assault occurred, saying only that it happened in Kensington.
“It wasn’t a random (assault),” said Sanders, who would not provide the age or gender of the victim.
Biggar was charged with three counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault and one count of prohibited sales. Wilcox faces one count of aggravated felonious sexual assault and one count of prohibited sales.
The two were arraigned Tuesday morning in 10th Circuit Court, Brentwood District Division. Biggar was ordered held at the Rockingham County jail on $25,000 cash or bond, while Wilcox’s bail was set at $5,000 cash or bond.
Sanders said he doesn’t anticipate additional charges in the case.
Police were assisted with the investigation and arrests by police from Amesbury, Mass., East Kingston, Hampton Falls, and Seabrook.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth