Headmaster: Accepting more towns could slow Pinkerton enrollment decline
The scenario she presented was based on the school continuing with four sending towns — Auburn, Chester, Derry and Hampstead. Anderson didn't, however, discuss the possibility of Hooksett becoming a new sending town, said Chip Underhill, the school's executive director of public affairs.
Hooksett has agreed to enter into contract negotiations with Pinkerton to send most of the district's high school students there starting next September. If Hooksett reaches an agreement with Pinkerton, it would become the fifth sending town.
Enrollment projections show that enrollment will increase slightly for the 2014-15 school year to 3,030 students. Enrollment will then decrease over the next five years and decline to 2,489 by the 2019-20 school year, the projections from the New Hampshire School Superintendents Association show.
Stable enrollment equates to the best control of program opportunity and tuition costs for taxpayers, parents and families, she said. Also during the meeting, an update was presented on the search to replace Anderson, who is retiring at the end of the 2014 school year.
Consultants for the executive search firm Carney, Sandoe & Associates continued interviewing candidates during the fall.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Harbor Homes of Nashua receives funds to expand mental health services - 0
- Veterans Home in Tilton takes on ALS challenge - 0
- Honor Our Veterans event on Aug. 24; free pork roast in Rochester; free pork roast in Rochester - 0
- Homeland Heroes to open "store" in Hudson - 0
- At 73, double amputee Vietnam vet is golfing again with special cart at Manchester CC - 0
- Veterans Home's oldest resident dies at 100 - 0
- Vets charity receives a $150,000 gift - 0
- Veterans News: Coupe De Ville Band plays in Kingston - 0
- Sweeney Post events set - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help