Home » News » Public Safety
Police deal, veto on agenda
If approved, the 15 members of the union will not receive any pay increases for the first two years of the contract, but will earn a 1.8 percent increase in fiscal year 2014 and a 2.5 percent increase for fiscal year 2015, according to the proposal.
Despite the significant wage increases, Lozeau said previously that her major concern with the contract is a provision that allows union members to utilize 15 sick days toward retroactive health care costs. She is vetoing that portion of the bargaining agreement.
"I am surprised that she vetoed it," Alderman Diane Sheehan, Ward 3, said recently of Lozeau. Sheehan said city officials now have an ideal opportunity to "walk the walk," adding it is important that the board does not allow the veto to stand.
If the motion to reconsider passes, an alderman may then move to override the veto. Ten votes are required to override the mayor's veto.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help