Home » News » Public Safety
NH reaches out to Philippines
Julita Butler of Manchester, a member of the Filipino American Charitable Trust, is among those organizing aid for the typhoon-stricken country. (Dave Solomon/Union Leader)
“We’re very concerned for them,” said Butler, a member of the Filipino American Charitable Trust (FACT-NH). “They were five minutes from the airport, which was totally destroyed.”
“Thursday night I talked to my sister, and she said the wind was starting to really blow, and all we can do is hope and pray,” said Butler of her sister in San Jose. The five children range in age from 10 to 22.
As soon as Genevieve Santiago found out about the devastation, she approached her bosses at Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt at the Mall of New Hampshire and asked for their help.
In addition to donation boxes at the frozen yogurt franchises, FACT-NH has arranged for three drop-off locations for donated goods to be shipped to the Philippines: 16 South Willow St., second floor; Pigeon’s Market on 168 Wilson St., in Manchester; and at the Rodeway Inn, 788 Laconia Road, in Tilton, N.H.Those locations will be up and running by this morning, with more in the works, said Josie Janz, another officer with the FACT-NH group.
Tax-deductible cash donations can be made by selecting the “donate” button at the home page of the charitable trust, www.fact-usa.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 12-hour effort needed to get Mass. hiker off Mt. Adams - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 0
- Woman gets speeding ticket, then crashes into guard rail - 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem