Home » News » Public Safety
NH reaches out to Philippines
Julita Butler of Manchester, a member of the Filipino American Charitable Trust, is among those organizing aid for the typhoon-stricken country. (Dave Solomon/Union Leader)
“We’re very concerned for them,” said Butler, a member of the Filipino American Charitable Trust (FACT-NH). “They were five minutes from the airport, which was totally destroyed.”
“Thursday night I talked to my sister, and she said the wind was starting to really blow, and all we can do is hope and pray,” said Butler of her sister in San Jose. The five children range in age from 10 to 22.
As soon as Genevieve Santiago found out about the devastation, she approached her bosses at Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt at the Mall of New Hampshire and asked for their help.
In addition to donation boxes at the frozen yogurt franchises, FACT-NH has arranged for three drop-off locations for donated goods to be shipped to the Philippines: 16 South Willow St., second floor; Pigeon’s Market on 168 Wilson St., in Manchester; and at the Rodeway Inn, 788 Laconia Road, in Tilton, N.H.Those locations will be up and running by this morning, with more in the works, said Josie Janz, another officer with the FACT-NH group.
Tax-deductible cash donations can be made by selecting the “donate” button at the home page of the charitable trust, www.fact-usa.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help