Candia honors veterans
"It is very important to reinforce our country's willingness to protect itself and to honor those who put their lives on the line to do so," he said.
"Today I remember my combat soldiers the most, those I fought with and those who never came home," he said.
"I feel honored to stand next to the soldiers of today; they have done multiple tours and they have gone through a lot. It's a good time to reflect and thank them," Silveira said.
"I think it was poorly attended, but I am glad to see that some families brought their children. It is important that we pass down the values of honoring our veterans to future generations," Pia Cresswell said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Krueger named director of Manchester Veterans Administration Medical Center - 0
- Veterans home in Tilton seeks special volunteers - 0
- Girl Scouts need help sending cookies to military personnel overseas - 0
- Auto dealers group offers scholarship aid, funds to NH veterans programs - 0
- Commentary: Chronically homeless vets are a problem for all of us - 0
- Rep. Shea-Porter bashes planned military cuts - 0
- New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief - 0
- Sen. Ayotte concerned about cuts in COLA for new service members - 0
- NH veterans get a deal at Amesbury Sports Park - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run