Candia honors veterans
"It is very important to reinforce our country's willingness to protect itself and to honor those who put their lives on the line to do so," he said.
"Today I remember my combat soldiers the most, those I fought with and those who never came home," he said.
"I feel honored to stand next to the soldiers of today; they have done multiple tours and they have gone through a lot. It's a good time to reflect and thank them," Silveira said.
"I think it was poorly attended, but I am glad to see that some families brought their children. It is important that we pass down the values of honoring our veterans to future generations," Pia Cresswell said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Veterans Home in Tilton takes on ALS challenge - 0
- Honor Our Veterans event on Aug. 24; free pork roast in Rochester; free pork roast in Rochester - 0
- Homeland Heroes to open "store" in Hudson - 0
- At 73, double amputee Vietnam vet is golfing again with special cart at Manchester CC - 0
- Veterans Home's oldest resident dies at 100 - 0
- Vets charity receives a $150,000 gift - 0
- Veterans News: Coupe De Ville Band plays in Kingston - 0
- Sweeney Post events set - 0
- Mary Tamposi: When our vets suffer in crisis, so does the family - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate