Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Hunter gets 2-4 years in shooting
Brunelle, a 31-year-old father of two, died on opening day of the 2011 New Hampshire deer rifle season from a high-velocity shot to the neck from the 30-06 Winchester rifle Holmes was carrying in the woods near his Mt. Eustis Road home in Lisbon.
Holmes, 50, remained silent throughout his trial on a negligent homicide charge and passed up another opportunity to speak Thursday.
Several family members of Brunelle — who was not hunting the day he died — gave victim-impact statements during the hour-and-a-quarter hearing.
"The victim bears no responsibility in his own death," said Bornstein, adding that Brunelle died because Holmes failed to exercise proper caution while hunting, and did nor make sure what he was firing at before he pulled the trigger.
"He can't believe that this has happened," Harden said.
"He has nothing other than anguish about this, and remorse. There's nothing I can say, and nothing Wade can say to make this better."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917