Home » News » Public Safety
Abigail's disappearance felt strongly by other teens in Conway
"The issues surrounding Abby are huge for many students," said Trisha Jacobson, a North Conway mental health specialist. "Students are experiencing everything from anxiety to complete withdrawal."
"Those who know Abby have their concerns, but there are kids who are falling apart over this who didn't know Abby at all," Rogers said.
"We ask that you keep a close eye on your child, listen to them, and talk about any concerns they have. It is important to make sure they are eating correctly, sleeping enough, getting exercise, and making healthy choices as they process this uncertainty," the letter read.
"Teens feel disconnected with the adult world as it is," she said. "Often the emotional stuff doesn't get processed and it comes out somewhere else."
"Now, every time I have a teenager in the office, I'll open up the issue, and they really want to talk about it; they are scared and nervous," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 7
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 12
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 23
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate