Home » News » Public Safety
Abigail's disappearance felt strongly by other teens in Conway
"The issues surrounding Abby are huge for many students," said Trisha Jacobson, a North Conway mental health specialist. "Students are experiencing everything from anxiety to complete withdrawal."
"Those who know Abby have their concerns, but there are kids who are falling apart over this who didn't know Abby at all," Rogers said.
"We ask that you keep a close eye on your child, listen to them, and talk about any concerns they have. It is important to make sure they are eating correctly, sleeping enough, getting exercise, and making healthy choices as they process this uncertainty," the letter read.
"Teens feel disconnected with the adult world as it is," she said. "Often the emotional stuff doesn't get processed and it comes out somewhere else."
"Now, every time I have a teenager in the office, I'll open up the issue, and they really want to talk about it; they are scared and nervous," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 13
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m