Home » News » Public Safety
Abigail's disappearance felt strongly by other teens in Conway
"The issues surrounding Abby are huge for many students," said Trisha Jacobson, a North Conway mental health specialist. "Students are experiencing everything from anxiety to complete withdrawal."
"Those who know Abby have their concerns, but there are kids who are falling apart over this who didn't know Abby at all," Rogers said.
"We ask that you keep a close eye on your child, listen to them, and talk about any concerns they have. It is important to make sure they are eating correctly, sleeping enough, getting exercise, and making healthy choices as they process this uncertainty," the letter read.
"Teens feel disconnected with the adult world as it is," she said. "Often the emotional stuff doesn't get processed and it comes out somewhere else."
"Now, every time I have a teenager in the office, I'll open up the issue, and they really want to talk about it; they are scared and nervous," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data