Home » News » Public Safety
Trees spared during Hampton Falls orchard fire
A firefighter works at the scene of a brush fire at Applecrest Farm Orchards in Hampton Falls on Thursday morning. (JASON SCHREIBER/Union Leader Correspondent)
The fire broke out just after 10:30 a.m. at the well-known orchard at 133 Exeter Road.
The fire was located about 200 feet away from the housing area, Lord said.
"They may have burned a few days ago and the embers from that, because it's very windy and very dry, just got up and took off. We had a fire the other night (in town) that was the same thing. Somebody had a fire previous days and it was never fully extinguished," he said.
Lord estimated the area burned to be about 150 feet by about 50 feet.
The fire partially burned some trees in a wooded area but the flames spared the apple trees.
"The foam is like a coating so that it won't reignite. By the time we're done with this it will be this big white blanket over the whole thing," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test