Fundraiser planned Sunday for man injured in custody
The fundraiser marks one month to the day that Elliot Hospital transferred Ornelas, 54, to Massachusetts General Hospital. Family and friends say Ornelas went to the Boston hospital because he had a broken neck and was paralyzed from the neck down.
Ornelas was a psychiatric patient in the Elliot Hospital emergency room when he allegedly attacked a security guard the night of Oct. 16. He allegedly suffered facial injuries, was booked at Manchester police headquarters for simple assault, and then transferred about midnight Oct. 17 to Hillsborough County House of Corrections. Ornelas was sent back to Elliot Hospital about 9:30 a.m.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.