Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Manchester firefighter's detective work pays off with arrest of burglary suspect
Allen, 51, told police he was in his home when he heard a knock at the door early Wednesday morning. He didn't answer, but looked out the window and saw a teenager walking toward a side door.
His interest piqued, Allen went outside to check on what was happening and saw his basement door wide open.
Allen told police he chased the youth for a short distance, but then returned home and got his car, driving around the neighborhood.
He told police he spotted the youth in the school office, where Allen said he also saw his cell phone sticking out of the teen's pocket.
• Also about 4 p.m., officer Brian Gillotte responded to a Pine Street address, where a third-floor apartment door was forced open sometime after 11:30 a.m. Clothing and cash were taken from a bedroom.
So far this year, there have been 800 burglaries, compared to 854 at this time last year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
- Sunapee officials say they don't plan to build housing - 0
- Nursing home chaplain launches ministry - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917