Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Manchester firefighter's detective work pays off with arrest of burglary suspect
Allen, 51, told police he was in his home when he heard a knock at the door early Wednesday morning. He didn't answer, but looked out the window and saw a teenager walking toward a side door.
His interest piqued, Allen went outside to check on what was happening and saw his basement door wide open.
Allen told police he chased the youth for a short distance, but then returned home and got his car, driving around the neighborhood.
He told police he spotted the youth in the school office, where Allen said he also saw his cell phone sticking out of the teen's pocket.
• Also about 4 p.m., officer Brian Gillotte responded to a Pine Street address, where a third-floor apartment door was forced open sometime after 11:30 a.m. Clothing and cash were taken from a bedroom.
So far this year, there have been 800 burglaries, compared to 854 at this time last year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
- Sexual assault charge in Keene - 0
- Keene man charged with threatening Nelson teen with gun - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Portsmouth man charged with two felony drug counts - 0
- Affidavits show woman was shot as feds conducted downtown Manchester drug raid - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917