Home » News » Public Safety
Crews battle structure fire in Littleton
Littleton fire crews were dispatched to 361 Meadow St. at 8:29 p.m. Saturday, after a driver passing the site noticed black smoke coming from the eaves of the apartment building. Upon arrival, firefighters were told by a man there that he attempted to put out the flames using a small fire extinguisher, but was driven back by heavy smoke.
Firefighters entered the home and reached a third floor attic, where they found fire had spread into the floor and laterally into the outside walls. Crews knocked down the attic fire, then tore open ceilings and floors to extinguish any hidden flames.
The fire was declared under control at 9:28 p.m., with damage contained to the attic and a kitchen and bedroom on the second floor. Firefighters were clear of the scene at 11:45 p.m. No injuries were reported.
Fire crews from Lisbon and Whitefield, along with St. Johnsbury, Vt., assisted at the scene. The cause of the fire was listed as undetermined as of Sunday afternoon.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors