Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: How will he top the Twinkie auction for Santa Fund?
And it turns out Mayor Gatsas is also a fan of Morin's cookies, so it seems the Chocolate Infiniti Cookie may be the Twinkie of 2013.
What can't Mike Morin do? The award-winning radio host and baker is also an author. His new book "Fifty Shades of Radio; True Stories of a Morning Guy Being Wired, Tired and Fired" contains many hilarious stories of the stunts he's pulled, famous people he's met, and fans he's encountered during his days behind the microphone. The book, available for $19.95 at GOSHOPNH.COM, even includes some priceless pictures of Morin with various celebrities (and a mustache).
One of my boys is taking a weekly class at Majestic Theater headquarters on Elm Street, which means I get to spend an hour each week checking out downtown coffee shops. Last week I happened upon Café La Reine, and I felt like I was transported to a different, cooler city.
Wine tastings are a dime a dozen around here, but I have never been to a spirits tasting before. This Thursday, the New Hampshire Liquor Commission will offer more than 300 spirits and local cuisine for tasting at its Distiller's Showcase of Premium Spirits at the Radisson.
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Calling all area Muchachos - 0
- Scene in Manchester: Runners get ready to travel back in time - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Bootcamp takes chocolate to a new level - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Dinner offers delicious way to honor local farmers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Cyclists work to ride safely on city streets - 1
- Scene in Manchester: We're getting older, and it's time for NH to talk about it - 3
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Sing (even badly) for a truly great cause - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Time to lace up and hit the road - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Clam King tales put past in context - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 1
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 3
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 3
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Workers pulling for ex-Market Basket CEO's buyout bid; rally planned Friday before board meeting
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket