Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: How will he top the Twinkie auction for Santa Fund?
And it turns out Mayor Gatsas is also a fan of Morin's cookies, so it seems the Chocolate Infiniti Cookie may be the Twinkie of 2013.
What can't Mike Morin do? The award-winning radio host and baker is also an author. His new book "Fifty Shades of Radio; True Stories of a Morning Guy Being Wired, Tired and Fired" contains many hilarious stories of the stunts he's pulled, famous people he's met, and fans he's encountered during his days behind the microphone. The book, available for $19.95 at GOSHOPNH.COM, even includes some priceless pictures of Morin with various celebrities (and a mustache).
One of my boys is taking a weekly class at Majestic Theater headquarters on Elm Street, which means I get to spend an hour each week checking out downtown coffee shops. Last week I happened upon Café La Reine, and I felt like I was transported to a different, cooler city.
Wine tastings are a dime a dozen around here, but I have never been to a spirits tasting before. This Thursday, the New Hampshire Liquor Commission will offer more than 300 spirits and local cuisine for tasting at its Distiller's Showcase of Premium Spirits at the Radisson.
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
- NH man's wife flies to Rome, meets Pope Francis after giving birth on death row in Sudan - 2
- Manchester postpones Fourth of July celebration - 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help