Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Thief snatches woman's purse outside Institute for the Arts
MANCHESTER — Police are searching for a man who snatched a woman's purse from inside her car Monday night as she was leaving the New Hampshire Institute of Art on Concord Street.
The 62-year-old Laconia woman told police she parked in lot outside the institute. She just got into her car about 9:45 p.m. and was sitting in the driver's seat with the door still open when a man suddenly approached and stood between her and the open door. He demanded her purse and reached into the car across her and grabbed the small lime green pocketbook that was on the front passenger seat.
The strap, partially wound around the woman's wrist, was ripped off when the robber pulled the purse toward him. The man fled with the bag and was last seen running east in the alley toward Union Street.
The purse snatcher is described as a light-skinned black man in his late 20s or early 30s, about 5-foot-8 with a chubby or husky build. He was clean-shaven and wore dark pants.
The purse contained a small amount of cash, a cellphone and some identification cards.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917