Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Manchester man arrested for gas station theft, punching officer
The incident began about 12:20 a.m. Tuesday at Gulf Express at the corner of Wellington Road and Londonderry Turnpike.
Sgt. Richard Brennan said a man entered the store, got a soda and then went to the counter to pay for it. When the clerk opened the register drawer, the man reached over and grabbed the cash.
He fled the store with the money. About 40 minutes later, Officers Lisa Mackey and Eric Joyal were in the police transport van traveling on Candia Road when they spotted the suspect, later identified by police as Gedeon Karasi of Manchester, on Candia Road.
Joyal injured a hand in the incident and went to a hospital as a precaution, according to Sgt. Richard Brennan.
Karasi is charged with theft, two counts of simple assault and resisting arrest. He pleaded innocent to the charges later Tuesday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, and trial was set for Dec. 17.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pembroke man charged with reckless driving after police clock motorcyclists at 120 mph - 2
- Rochester police warn residents about rash of vehicle break-ins - 0
- Keene mother of toddler pleads to interference of custody - 0
- Pembroke man arrested after police clock group of motorcycles topping 120 mph in Manchester - 1
- Keene woman pleads guilty in hit-and-run that killed cyclist - 2
- Cornish man charged with manslaughter in deadly Merrimack dump truck collision - 1
- Manchester Crime Watch: City man sought to fight charge representing himself - 0
- Chilling display of Mazzaglia evidence - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917