Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Penacook man admits to soliciting sex from girl, 15
Brad Lizotte, 47, formerly of Concord, pleaded guilty to three counts of endangering the welfare of a child and a single count of obscene matters in Rockingham County Superior Court for exchanging sexually explicit text messages with the girl between June 12 and Sept. 29, 2012.
The mother told police that her daughter and Lizotte shared sexually explicit photos and text messages, according to prosecutors.
Portsmouth police detectives Rebecca Hester and Kristyn Berneir interviewed Lizotte about his phone, how he used his computer, his relationship with the victim and pornographic references he made while conversing with the girl.
The plea was struck after Lizotte lost a bid to have statements he made to police thrown out of court.
Lizotte had argued that statements he made to two Portsmouth police detectives should have been deemed inadmissible because police failed to read him his Miranda rights.
Police told Lizotte that he did not need to be present while police executed a search warrant at his home. Lizotte made no effort to end the interview or leave his house for work, Wageling noted.
He will receive a suspended prison sentence of 2½ to 5 years, according to terms of the plea deal.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
- Sexual assault charge in Keene - 0
- Keene man charged with threatening Nelson teen with gun - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Portsmouth man charged with two felony drug counts - 0
- Affidavits show woman was shot as feds conducted downtown Manchester drug raid - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
- Total Votes: 917