Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Penacook man admits to soliciting sex from girl, 15
Brad Lizotte, 47, formerly of Concord, pleaded guilty to three counts of endangering the welfare of a child and a single count of obscene matters in Rockingham County Superior Court for exchanging sexually explicit text messages with the girl between June 12 and Sept. 29, 2012.
The mother told police that her daughter and Lizotte shared sexually explicit photos and text messages, according to prosecutors.
Portsmouth police detectives Rebecca Hester and Kristyn Berneir interviewed Lizotte about his phone, how he used his computer, his relationship with the victim and pornographic references he made while conversing with the girl.
The plea was struck after Lizotte lost a bid to have statements he made to police thrown out of court.
Lizotte had argued that statements he made to two Portsmouth police detectives should have been deemed inadmissible because police failed to read him his Miranda rights.
Police told Lizotte that he did not need to be present while police executed a search warrant at his home. Lizotte made no effort to end the interview or leave his house for work, Wageling noted.
He will receive a suspended prison sentence of 2½ to 5 years, according to terms of the plea deal.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917