Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Penacook man admits to soliciting sex from girl, 15
Brad Lizotte, 47, formerly of Concord, pleaded guilty to three counts of endangering the welfare of a child and a single count of obscene matters in Rockingham County Superior Court for exchanging sexually explicit text messages with the girl between June 12 and Sept. 29, 2012.
The mother told police that her daughter and Lizotte shared sexually explicit photos and text messages, according to prosecutors.
Portsmouth police detectives Rebecca Hester and Kristyn Berneir interviewed Lizotte about his phone, how he used his computer, his relationship with the victim and pornographic references he made while conversing with the girl.
The plea was struck after Lizotte lost a bid to have statements he made to police thrown out of court.
Lizotte had argued that statements he made to two Portsmouth police detectives should have been deemed inadmissible because police failed to read him his Miranda rights.
Police told Lizotte that he did not need to be present while police executed a search warrant at his home. Lizotte made no effort to end the interview or leave his house for work, Wageling noted.
He will receive a suspended prison sentence of 2½ to 5 years, according to terms of the plea deal.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 1
- Convicted sex offender faces porn charges - 1
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
- Supporters are now 'Abby Strong' - 2
- Judge orders Rolfe to spend 5 years in state hospital - 0
- Trial involving former Derry town administrator delayed - 0
- Months later, cause of Canterbury logger's death remains a mystery - 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 4
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917