Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian struck by motorist Saturday in Derry has died
Jeanne Petrin, 69, died at Massachusetts General Hospital Monday, police said in a press release.
No charges have been filed against the driver, Denis Mwaura, 17, of 19 Linlew Drive, Derry, police said.
The accident occurred at about 5:30 p.m. when Petrin was crossing Tsienneto Road northbound in the area of Sunview Condominiums toward the parking lot of a business, Fireye Inc. While crossing the road, Petrin was struck by a car driven by Mwaura travelling westbound toward the intersection of Tsienneto Road and Route 28, police said.
Lt. Dan Beattie said Saturday night that it was dark and the collision occurred in a poorly lighted area.
"The pedestrian had just stepped off and unfortunately the collision was unavoidable," Beattie said.
The accident is being investigated by the Derry Police Accident Reconstruction Team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare