Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian struck by motorist Saturday in Derry has died
Jeanne Petrin, 69, died at Massachusetts General Hospital Monday, police said in a press release.
No charges have been filed against the driver, Denis Mwaura, 17, of 19 Linlew Drive, Derry, police said.
The accident occurred at about 5:30 p.m. when Petrin was crossing Tsienneto Road northbound in the area of Sunview Condominiums toward the parking lot of a business, Fireye Inc. While crossing the road, Petrin was struck by a car driven by Mwaura travelling westbound toward the intersection of Tsienneto Road and Route 28, police said.
Lt. Dan Beattie said Saturday night that it was dark and the collision occurred in a poorly lighted area.
"The pedestrian had just stepped off and unfortunately the collision was unavoidable," Beattie said.
The accident is being investigated by the Derry Police Accident Reconstruction Team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester restaurant closed after employee commits suicide - 0
- Abby's home, but answers aren't as police ask public for help - 2
- Spofford three-car crash injuries two - 0
- Dover man remains in critical condition after motorcycle crash - 0
- 37 hikers rescued from Mt. Major over weekend - 3
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 32
- Solutions sought in rectifying traffic backups in Meredith - 1
- Dover mortorcyclist taken to Maine hospital after crash - 0
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law