Home » News » Public Safety
Police puzzled by hypodermic needles on Hudson bridge
HUDSON — Police are following all leads when it comes to determining the source of the 500 or so hypodermic needles found scattered along Taylor Falls Bridge Monday evening.
According to police reports, a pedestrian alerted the Hudson Police to the needle spill shortly before 6 p.m. Monday.
Upon arrival, police soon realized there were more needles present than they were equipped to handle. A broken plastic container was discovered nearby, though as of Tuesday afternoon it’s unclear how the items ended up on the bridge.
Emergency responders from the Hudson Fire Department arrived at the scene shortly after, donning heavy gloves and protective gear to safely gather the exposed medical waste and bring it to nearby St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua for proper disposal.
Police and fire officials said they didn’t know if any of the needles had fallen into the Merrimack River below.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is encouraged to contact the Hudson Police Department at 886-6011.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 1
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 12
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 2
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber