Home » News » Public Safety
Police puzzled by hypodermic needles on Hudson bridge
HUDSON — Police are following all leads when it comes to determining the source of the 500 or so hypodermic needles found scattered along Taylor Falls Bridge Monday evening.
According to police reports, a pedestrian alerted the Hudson Police to the needle spill shortly before 6 p.m. Monday.
Upon arrival, police soon realized there were more needles present than they were equipped to handle. A broken plastic container was discovered nearby, though as of Tuesday afternoon it’s unclear how the items ended up on the bridge.
Emergency responders from the Hudson Fire Department arrived at the scene shortly after, donning heavy gloves and protective gear to safely gather the exposed medical waste and bring it to nearby St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua for proper disposal.
Police and fire officials said they didn’t know if any of the needles had fallen into the Merrimack River below.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is encouraged to contact the Hudson Police Department at 886-6011.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
- Argentina tops Netherlands in shootout to reach final - 0
- Uehara named to AL all-star team - 0
- All Saints' Episcopal picks a new rector - 0
- Bob & Sons Automotive has been a West Side fixture for 50 years - 0
- Stocks up after Fed minutes on 'easy money' exit - 0
- NH Business Newsreel: Unitil board member tapped for U.S. post - 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax