Home » News » Public Safety
Police puzzled by hypodermic needles on Hudson bridge
HUDSON — Police are following all leads when it comes to determining the source of the 500 or so hypodermic needles found scattered along Taylor Falls Bridge Monday evening.
According to police reports, a pedestrian alerted the Hudson Police to the needle spill shortly before 6 p.m. Monday.
Upon arrival, police soon realized there were more needles present than they were equipped to handle. A broken plastic container was discovered nearby, though as of Tuesday afternoon it’s unclear how the items ended up on the bridge.
Emergency responders from the Hudson Fire Department arrived at the scene shortly after, donning heavy gloves and protective gear to safely gather the exposed medical waste and bring it to nearby St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua for proper disposal.
Police and fire officials said they didn’t know if any of the needles had fallen into the Merrimack River below.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is encouraged to contact the Hudson Police Department at 886-6011.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 2
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 4
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 1
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal