Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
Gov. Hassan continues push for health coverage
Hassan and Norelli said they have offered a compromise plan that incorporates both Democratic and Republican ideas "for increasing and preserving access to health insurance while promoting private coverage," Hassan said.
"The Senate bill, as written, simply will not work, and I will not set up our state and families for failure," she said. "The unworkable proposal that the Senate has put forward just delaying offering people health insurance is equally wrong."
By holding Monday's press conference, the governor "continues to demonstrate … that she is not serious about working across the aisle on a solution that will help low-income families have greater access to private insurance," Horn said in a statement.
Norelli said there is support for expanding health care in New Hampshire among Republicans and the general public.
"Gov. Hassan's continued campaigning for Obamacare and her admission that she would rather do nothing than negotiate a commonsense plan to help Granite Staters get access to high quality insurance is disgraceful," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Minimum wages: Maximum spin - 13
- A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth - 1
- Supervised visitation: The metal detector problem - 1
- Charter cap trap: A restriction to repeal - 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 19
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal