Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
Gov. Hassan continues push for health coverage
Gov. Maggie Hassan speaks to a crowd about health care at Plymouth State University Monday. (DAN SEUFERT PHOTO)
Hassan and Norelli said they have offered a compromise plan that incorporates both Democratic and Republican ideas "for increasing and preserving access to health insurance while promoting private coverage," Hassan said.
"The Senate bill, as written, simply will not work, and I will not set up our state and families for failure," she said. "The unworkable proposal that the Senate has put forward just delaying offering people health insurance is equally wrong."
By holding Monday's press conference, the governor "continues to demonstrate … that she is not serious about working across the aisle on a solution that will help low-income families have greater access to private insurance," Horn said in a statement.
Norelli said there is support for expanding health care in New Hampshire among Republicans and the general public.
"Gov. Hassan's continued campaigning for Obamacare and her admission that she would rather do nothing than negotiate a commonsense plan to help Granite Staters get access to high quality insurance is disgraceful," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 0
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 0
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
- Anti-bully message on display at Pinkerton - 0
- 'Hour of Code' events get students interested in computer programming - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester 7-Eleven robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 0
- Standing up for Salvation: Ringing the bell in the cold is a tough job - 0
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 1
- Hampstead home invasion suspect wants evidence tossed - 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 1
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose