Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Mass. men arraigned in 2011 home invasion
Max Menagerman, 24, of 127 Winter St., Haverhill, and Angel Sanchez, 22, of 52 North St., Haverhill, were ordered held at the Rockingham County jail on high cash bail during a video arraignment at the Salem Circuit Court.
They spent the past two years jailed in Massachusetts on charges in that state and waived extradition, clearing the way for their return to New Hampshire.
According to Hampstead police, Menagerman and Sanchez are two of four suspects allegedly involved in the incident. The male homeowner was assaulted, bound and tortured, and his female companion was sexually assaulted, police said.
Arrest warrants are still pending for a third suspect, Abraham Depaula, 24, of Haverhill, who is currently incarcerated in Massachusetts.
A fourth person tied to this case, Avery Walker, 21, of 93 Whites Lane, Haverhill, was convicted of a conspiracy to commit burglary charge in 2012, police said.
Sanchez is charged with criminal threatening, theft, criminal liability for conduct of another to aggravated felonious sexual assault, false imprisonment, burglary and felonious use of a firearm.
Probable cause hearings for both men are scheduled for Nov. 25 at 10 a.m. in the Plaistow Circuit Court.
The arrests were part of a lengthy investigation headed up by Hampstead Detective Robert Kelley and involved the Hampstead Police Department with help from police in Manchester, Haverhill, Mass., Massachusetts State Police and the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.email@example.com
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal