VAMC Manchester : Try quitting smoking today
Each year on the third Thursday in November is the Great American Smokeout, a day initiated by the American Cancer Society to encourage smokers to quit for a day in hopes they may quit for a lifetime.
On Thursday, Nov. 21, from 8 to 11 a.m. in the training and education Room, the VAMC Manchester will have health care staff available to provide information on quitting tobacco, nicotine replacement therapy information, and VA resources for veterans and staff.
The center is sponsoring a "take back" day where veterans and staff can turn in tobacco items, and sign a pledge. Tobacco cessation displays will also be available.
And now more than ever, there are numerous effective treatment options to help support any tobacco user in his or her attempt to quit using tobacco for good. These treatment options include brief counseling by a health care provider, nicotine replacement therapy or other smoking cessation medications, smoking cessation support services, free VA and state-based telephone counseling quit lines, and other online services.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Colebrook and Berlin to get VA clinics - 0
- Job fair in Laconia attracts veterans and 39 employers - 0
- Salem couple's effort to honor Doolittle Tokyo Raiders is gaining momentum - 0
- Footwear drive to help Liberty House - 0
- Whitefield event honors Vietnam vets - 0
- Vietnam veterans remembered 50 years later in Londonderry - 0
- Post 27 events - 0
- NH soldiers share family bond — and Purple Hearts - 0
- Bill Luti: Situation in Ukraine stirs memories of events before World War II - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 7
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 17
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 1
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 5
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start