Home » News » Public Safety
Report says missing elderly Alzheimer's patient found near Center Sandwich home
David Healy was found around 1 a.m. by a K-9 unit from New England Canine, some 400-500 feet in woods behind his house, according to a statement posted shortly after 1:30 a.m. on the Facebook page.
"It appears that Mr. Healy was on his way out of the woods after having taken an extremely long walk which had taken him through a swamp," the post said.
The post added that Healy was sent to an unnanmed hospital, and did not say if he was injured or not. The Sandwich Fire Department, NH Fish and Game Department, Carroll County Sheriff's Office, Moultonborough Police Department, New England Canine, and the Upper Valley Search and Rescue assisted in the search, according to the post.
According to an earlier report, Healy's wife said she last saw him Thursday night at 9 p.m., Police Chief Douglas Wyman said. Wyman said Healy may have been home on Friday morning, but that Healy's wife returned home around 1 p.m. Friday to find him gone. A missing person poster provided by the police department listed 9 a.m. Friday as the last time he was seen.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus