Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
‘Armed career criminal’ begins 15 -year prison term
Ronald Bauer, 49, of Somersworth pleaded guilty Thursday to an armed robbery in Portsmouth, one of a string of heists that earned him a status as an armed career criminal by the state. (JAMES A. KIMBLE PHOTO)
Ronald Bauer, 49, pleaded guilty in Rockingham County Superior Court to armed robbery and being a felon in possession of a deadly weapon for the Jan. 12 robbery of a Mobil On the Run gas station on Islington Street in Portsmouth.
Bauer’s sentence added five to 20 years in state prison to another 10-year sentence in connection with the armed robbery of an Irving Gas station in Somersworth.
Wageling told Bauer it was sad that he decided to make such poor choices in his life.
Bauer, of Somersworth, pleaded guilty earlier this month in Strafford County Superior Court to armed robbery and to being an armed career criminal, a charge that prosecutors can bring by compiling his previous offenses.
Bauer also received a two- to four-year prison sentence on the weapons conviction in the Portsmouth case. That sentence will run concurrent to the armed robbery convictions. The Maine charges are still pending.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917