Home » News » Public Safety
Three-alarm fire damages Plaistow home
Firefighters battle smoke at 108 Old County Road in Plaistow on Monday morning. (Adam Swift/Union Leader Correspondent)
Firefighters responded to the fire around 9 a.m. after getting a call that a fire had started in a woodpile near the home and spread to the house itself. Firefighters at the scene could not confirm if that was the actual cause of the fire.
By 10 a.m., the police and fire departments had Old County Road blocked off as crews from Plaistow and surrounding towns battled the fire. According to police, no one was injured.
Shortly after 10 a.m., no flames were visible, but there was still heavy smoke coming from the roof, especially from the garage, as firefighters battled freezing temperatures in addition to the fire.
Heavy damage was visible to the roof and both floors of the house.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 6
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
- Hiker rescued from Mount Washington - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 1
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's