Home » News » Public Safety
Deerfield, Raymond firefighters try out new equipment at Brentwood training yard
Firefighters from Deerfield and Raymond attack a simulated propane tank fire at the Interstate Emergency Unit's fire mutual aid drill yard in Brentwood Sunday morning. (JASON SCHREIBER PHOTO)
Six firefighters from Deerfield and six from Raymond participated in the demonstration at the Interstate Emergency Unit's fire mutual aid drill yard behind the Rockingham County House of Corrections.
Rymes recently donated more than $13,000 in labor and materials to upgrade the 20-year-old propane props at the drill yard, which provides various firefighter training classes in several areas, including hazardous materials, trench rescue, and firefighter survival.
"You have to be on guard because it's a gas so it moves," Irish said.
In 2011, NextEra Energy Resources, the primary owner of Seabrook Station, donated $145,000 to construct a new cement burn building used for firefighter training.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
- State police: Vermont man drove 111 mph on I-89 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 3
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer