Home » News » Public Safety
Deerfield, Raymond firefighters try out new equipment at Brentwood training yard
Firefighters from Deerfield and Raymond attack a simulated propane tank fire at the Interstate Emergency Unit's fire mutual aid drill yard in Brentwood Sunday morning. (JASON SCHREIBER PHOTO)
Six firefighters from Deerfield and six from Raymond participated in the demonstration at the Interstate Emergency Unit's fire mutual aid drill yard behind the Rockingham County House of Corrections.
Rymes recently donated more than $13,000 in labor and materials to upgrade the 20-year-old propane props at the drill yard, which provides various firefighter training classes in several areas, including hazardous materials, trench rescue, and firefighter survival.
"You have to be on guard because it's a gas so it moves," Irish said.
In 2011, NextEra Energy Resources, the primary owner of Seabrook Station, donated $145,000 to construct a new cement burn building used for firefighter training.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate