Home » News » Public Safety
Deerfield, Raymond firefighters try out new equipment at Brentwood training yard
Firefighters from Deerfield and Raymond attack a simulated propane tank fire at the Interstate Emergency Unit's fire mutual aid drill yard in Brentwood Sunday morning. (JASON SCHREIBER PHOTO)
Six firefighters from Deerfield and six from Raymond participated in the demonstration at the Interstate Emergency Unit's fire mutual aid drill yard behind the Rockingham County House of Corrections.
Rymes recently donated more than $13,000 in labor and materials to upgrade the 20-year-old propane props at the drill yard, which provides various firefighter training classes in several areas, including hazardous materials, trench rescue, and firefighter survival.
"You have to be on guard because it's a gas so it moves," Irish said.
In 2011, NextEra Energy Resources, the primary owner of Seabrook Station, donated $145,000 to construct a new cement burn building used for firefighter training.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- All safe following early-morning Manchester blaze on West Side - 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 4
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 0
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Missing inmate arrested in Rochester after crash - 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 26
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 7
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'