Coast Guard issues weather warning to boaters
The announcement came Tuesday afternoon after the National Weather Service issued a gale-force weather warning expected to last from late Tuesday through Wednesday across New England.
The Coast Guard is urging boaters at sea to seek safe shelter and boaters ashore to take measures to secure their vessels and equipment.
Coast Guard units throughout the region are conducting outreach in collaboration with fellow law enforcement and first responders.
The Coast Guard warned residents and visitors to stay clear of beaches and dangerous overlooks as wave heights and currents typically increase before and during a winter storm.
Boaters are urged to secure any loose equipment, including life jackets, paddles, ring buoys and other objects that could easily be picked up by the wind.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lack of 'hot spell' has made for mild mud season so far in central NH - 1
- With rain on the way, flooding potential eyed - 0
- Londonderry classrooms flooded - 0
- Spring roads make the going tough - 0
- Water damage displaces North Elementary classrooms - 0
- Farmers lament effects of long, snowy winter - 2
- Maple producers hope for weather to turn corner - 0
- Wintry weather for now, but wait until the end of the week - 0
- Spring arrives, as does more snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deadline extended for startup competition in Rochester - 0
- Parents speak out against Jewett Street School proposal - 0
- Citizens Bank offers good citizen scholarships - 0
- Rochester man arrested following crash in Somersworth Monday night - 0
- A Derry man pleads innocent to falsely claiming a master electrician license - 0
- Stocks end higher as blue chips rally - 0
- NH jobless rate dips to 4.5 percent - 0
- Justice returns to North Country alma mater to speak to students - 0
- New program recognizes Colebrook students for volunteering - 0
Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers