Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Bucket truck, binoculars used in search for gun in Manchester double shooting
David H. Hoffens, 21, is charged with one felony count of falsifying physical evidence for allegedly tossing his firearm as he ran from the shooting scene. He was freed on $25,000 cash or surety bail after his arraignment Monday in 9th Circuit Court District Division in Manchester. Amherst Bail Bonds posted his bail, the court said.
Cynthia Hoffens’ boyfriend, Dan Morgan, initially told police Cable was shot by David Hoffens after Cable first shot Hoffens’ older brother, Edgar, a police affidavit alleges.
Hoffens’ childhood friend, Eric Woodard, told police David Hoffens called him and told him “words to the effect of ‘the guys’ pulled a knife on him and he shot the guy and was afraid that he also shot his brother,” according to the affidavit.
Other witnesses have come forward and told their version of events, he said.
Investigators still are trying to clarify motive for the shootings and will do forensic tests to determine “what individual was doing what and what sort of implement they were using,” Agati said.
Massachusetts State Police used a search dog and agents with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives assisted Manchester police in conducting additional searches Tuesday.
Agati, speaking from the Medical Examiner’s Office while the autopsies were underway, said he could not comment on whether a weapon was recovered “because I do not have that knowledge.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax