Dover’s winter parking ban begins Dec. 1
In parking lots behind the City Library, along Third Street and at School Street, Simons said it’s important to park in designated areas — such as near the railroad tracks at the Third Street parking lot — to prevent snowplows from burying vehicles.
“This has been going on for decades — it’s a calendar-based parking ban,” Simons said, adding most residents and landlords are aware of the ban, which is enforced regardless of the weather.
For the past two weeks, Simon said parking officials have been leaving informative notices on cars in the downtown to alert new residents — especially students from the University of New Hampshire — about the parking rules.
“The goal is to tow as few cars as possible during snowstorms,” Simons said, adding towing causes significant delays to snow removal crews and is troublesome for residents.
For more information on the winter parking ban or the emergency parking ban, contact the Parking Bureau at 516-2277.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- State asked to re-evaluate Livermore Falls settlement deal - 0
- Livermore 'friends' pleased with potential settlement from Groton Wind project - 1
- Groton Wind sound tests pass muster for committee - 1
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Lundberg survey says gas prices fall as refinery output rises - 0
- Peterborough OKs state's largest solar array project - 0
- Settlement reached between Groton Wind and state AG's office - 1
- Peterborough makes plans for state's largest solar array - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test