Home » News » Roads and Travel
Dover’s winter parking ban begins Dec. 1
In parking lots behind the City Library, along Third Street and at School Street, Simons said it’s important to park in designated areas — such as near the railroad tracks at the Third Street parking lot — to prevent snowplows from burying vehicles.
“This has been going on for decades — it’s a calendar-based parking ban,” Simons said, adding most residents and landlords are aware of the ban, which is enforced regardless of the weather.
For the past two weeks, Simon said parking officials have been leaving informative notices on cars in the downtown to alert new residents — especially students from the University of New Hampshire — about the parking rules.
“The goal is to tow as few cars as possible during snowstorms,” Simons said, adding towing causes significant delays to snow removal crews and is troublesome for residents.
For more information on the winter parking ban or the emergency parking ban, contact the Parking Bureau at 516-2277.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 11
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 1
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 7
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness