Donation will allow for purchase of Mt. Major land
“This family has been hiking in New Hampshire for generations, and they are very familiar with the Belknap Range and Mt. Major trails,” said Martha Twombly, development specialist with the forest society. “They also understand how much trail maintenance is needed for this popular hiking area, and that it is dependent on our ability to acquire ownership of the properties and trails,”
The Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests and the Lakes Region Conservation Trust have raised $917,000 of the $1.8 million goal to purchase and protect four properties, three of them on or near Mt. Major and one on Piper Mountain in Gilford.
“We hear from people who have been hiking throughout the Belknaps for decades and would like to make it possible for generations to come to do the same,” he said.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.