Auburn students get special visitor
Paul Monti paid a visit and told the children about his son, Jared, who was killed in Afghanistan in 2006 while serving in the U.S. Army and trying to save another soldier.
The song "I Drive Your Truck" performed by Lee Brice recently won song of the year at the Country Music Association Awards in Nashville was inspired by Paul Monti's story.
A few days after the letters were sent, Laliberte and her students were surprised when Paul Monti visited the class to thank them for the heartwarming letters.
MANCHESTER — American Legion Post 79 will hold a breakfast from 8 to 11 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 1.
The cost is $6.
Trivia with Frank Harlan will follow.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 9
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 1
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 7
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
- George Will: Misreading Putin, and history - 4
- Rep. Kenneth Fredette: NH should avoid Maine’s Medicaid mistake - 5
- David Harsanyi: Social conservatives would benefit by embracing libertarianism - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 5
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief